Creative Upholstery Course for Beginners
This course is designed so that you can pause, rewind and repeat when needed. It covers four upholstery projects. You will be taking through 4 different chair projects. Traditional upholstery techniques will be applied but focusing on a more modern design approach process which will be broken down into steps that are easy to follow . Suitable for beginners to someone who wants to widen their upholstery abilities.
Welcome Section with extra resources and suppliers for everything Upholstery
- Week One: Stripping back varnish and oiling. Creating your own hand printing fabric. Light upholstery.
- Week Two: Stripping back old fabric, replacing foam, adding buttons, lining inside and adding new furniture legs
- Week Three: Prepping and painting a chair, common repairs, re-wedding seat pads, upcycling fabric and upholstery
- Week Four: Stripping, and reviving wood work. Making pipping, upholstery finishing techniques.
- PDF guide for every week to accompany the project.
Click HERE to get a preview on my YouTube channel of what week one looks like.
Will I be a qualified Upholsterer when this course is finished?
No this is a course for beginners, it’s to help you learn techniques to tackle some projects at home.
Will I be able to upholster a sofa after the course?
This course is designed to give you a skill set to tackle upholstery projects. It’s designed for beginners. Upholstering a sofa, would not be recommended for a beginner.
Can I ask additional questions if it’s not covered in the lesson?
Yes, there is a discussion box in each lesson, where you can ask questions