Dublin Upcycled Furniture Workshop
When: July 16th Saturday
Location: Rua Red, Blessington Rd, Tallaght, Dublin 24, D24 KV8N
Google Map to location HERE
Full day Upcycling Furniture Workshop in Dublin. Delivered by Joanne Condon an expert in Upcycling Furniture. Joanne won Best Workshop Award at Mollie Makes Magazine in London in 2018. Learn everything you need to know about the workshops from Joanne who was been Upcycling Furniture for 12 years.
At the Workshop
- Questions are encouraged throughout the workshop
- You will work on a piece of furniture through the day that is provided or you. (small table/locker)
- Joanne will guide you on how to decide on a style and what colours to choose that reflect your personal style.
What you learn at the workshop:
- Sourcing old furniture, where to go and what you need to look out for. (woodworm etc)
- Prepping and Priming furniture correctly.
- How to paint furniture and information on different paint brands.
- What are the best tools to use.
- A range of techniques including Gold Leaf, Applying Wallpaper, Stencilling, How to transfer font, Geometric designs and much more
After the Workshop:
- You bring home your piece of furniture that you worked on
- You will receive a booklet to help guide you at home after the workshop.
- A guide of the best places around Ireland for buying second hand furniture.
- You will be invited into a private facebook group to share projects.
When you leave this workshop there wont be any piece of furniture that you will not be able to paint.
All you need to bring is a packed lunch
Do I need to bring a piece of furniture with me? No the furniture is provided for you, you will choose from a locker/small table to work on at the workshop. You will bring this piece of furniture home with you after the workshop.
What do I need to bring with me? All you need to bring is a packed lunch, everything else is provided at the workshop.
What do I need to wear? You will be provided with an apron on the day but you still might get paint on your clothes so please don’t wear anything you don’t want to get paint on.
For the Dublin Upcycling Workshop, If you have any further questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to read more detail about the workshops, this BLOG post might interest you.