- 1 length of 3×1
- 1 length of 1×1
- Wood Glue
- Saw and mitre box
- Measuring tape
- Primer and paint
- Paint Roller (two fussy blokes) and brush.
Method: How to make a blanket ladder.
- Cut your two pieces of equal length for your desired height of your ladder. I cut mine 4 foot long. I like to use a mitre box to get a straight cut. Sand off the edges to make sure they are smooth.
- Cut the amount of rods you need for your decorative ladder. I cut mine 40cm again with the mitre box. Sand the edges to make sure they are smooth.
- Mark the position of where each rod will go on both sides of the edges so that you will know where to position the nail.
- With a little dab of wood glue, put it the end of the rod at the side where you are going to nail first.
- With a hammer, hammer in the nail in the centre of the rod and repeat for the rest of the rods.
- Repeat on the other side, and you have our ladder complete.
- Prime the ladder with a brush and a roller. Give it two coats. You can do this before or after you put your ladder together
- Paint the ladder. I gave mine two coats, Make sure its fully dry in between coats. You might need a third top up in certain areas.
Then the fun styling part. I have this is my guest bedroom. You can pop on extra blankets, towels etc.
DISCLAMIER: The wood in this project was gifted to be my Expert hardware. The other materials I purchased from my local expert hardware.
Find your local expert hardware store HERE
Looks great Joanne! Love the new website!!
Thanks so much Maria
Love it joanne! Pics are fabulousss
Thanks so much Sarah!
This looks amazing Joanne!
Ah thanks Pal!
Love the new website Joanne. This looks like a very doable diy!
It is a really easy one actually, and I love that you can paint it any colour too!
Well done Joanne! The New website looks great
Aw Thanks a mill Kirsten!
Looking for one of these for ages now I’ll just have to make one!! tks website looks fab
Ah great, thanks Claire, I was the same looking for one and it was so easy to make!