- 1 length of 3×1
- 1 length of 1×1
- Wood Glue
- Saw and mitre box
- Measuring tape
- Primer and paint
- Paint Roller (two fussy blokes) and brush.
Method: How to make a blanket ladder.
- Cut your two pieces of equal length for your desired height of your ladder. I cut mine 4 foot long. I like to use a mitre box to get a straight cut. Sand off the edges to make sure they are smooth.
- Cut the amount of rods you need for your decorative ladder. I cut mine 40cm again with the mitre box. Sand the edges to make sure they are smooth.
- Mark the position of where each rod will go on both sides of the edges so that you will know where to position the nail.
- With a little dab of wood glue, put it the end of the rod at the side where you are going to nail first.
- With a hammer, hammer in the nail in the centre of the rod and repeat for the rest of the rods.
- Repeat on the other side, and you have our ladder complete.
- Prime the ladder with a brush and a roller. Give it two coats. You can do this before or after you put your ladder together
- Paint the ladder. I gave mine two coats, Make sure its fully dry in between coats. You might need a third top up in certain areas.
Then the fun styling part. I have this is my guest bedroom. You can pop on extra blankets, towels etc.
DISCLAMIER: The wood in this project was gifted to be my Expert hardware. The other materials I purchased from my local expert hardware.
Find your local expert hardware store HERE